The Muse Scarlett Yvette Royal

The Muse Scarlett Yvette Royal

Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Januarys Tip of The Month How to Spread Out Your Ruffle Yarn Using Lace Techniques


 For Pattern Above Link Here

In my research of ruffle yarn I noticed you use a lot of it and for a very small area and way too bulky. I wanted to have the ruffles spread out a lot more, better spacing. This is where I thought to add a lacing technique between rows of using the ruffle yarn.

I provide a video explaining visually how I do this. It works lovely and have a nice spacing and uses less ruffle yarn to do so, while thinning it out.

Ruffle yarn is lovely but I think is a wonderful accent like the fur yarn is. I intend on using the ruffle yarn in a variety of projects this year as an accent or panel. So keep a look out for projects using this technique.

Here is the video and below are the terms and written of what I am doing in the video.





When using the ruffle yarn place every 3 whole onto the peg. 
Also keep in mind your ruffle yarn is worked on the inside of the loom and your base yarn is worked on the outside of the loom. 
Terms:
K: Flat Knit
YO: Yarn Over (lay the working yarn over the empty peg)
K<-: Knit the stitch and decrease to the left
K/D: Knit the Decrease (take the bottom loop and toss over the top loop)
P: Purl
CY: Change Yarn
R: Ruffle
B: Base Color 


Cast On using the ruffle yarn. 
Row 1-2: CY B: K
Row 3: K1, *K<-, K/D** (repeat star area to other side), K1
Row 4: K1, *YO, K1**(repeat star area to the other side), K1
Row 5: K1, *K1, P1** (repeat star area to the other side), K1
Row 6-9: Repeat rows 2-5
Row 10: CY R K

Repeat this 10 rows process over and over until desired length.  


No comments:

Post a Comment