The Muse Scarlett Yvette Royal

The Muse Scarlett Yvette Royal

Saturday, June 2, 2018

Review for Red Heart Scrubby Yarns, Sparkle, Cotton, and Original Scrubby Yarn


 

So I noticed that Red Heart put out a variety of scrubby yarns, and I figured I would buy them and give them a review. Lets dive into what I found!!

 

Sparkle

 

Cost: $3.50 -$4.50

Yardage: 174yd

Availability: Craft Stores

Weight: 4 worsted

Material: Polyester

Water Hold Amount: 1/3cup

Drying Time: 18 hours

Texture: Itchy

Overview: You get a lot of yardage and it is pretty, it also has stretch to it for easier use. I found it itchy and it mostly a yarn I would use for ornaments and decoration rather than use for wash cloths. 


Cotton

 

Cost: $4-$5

Yardage: 121yd

Availability: craft stores

Weight: 4 worsted

Material: cotton

Water Hold Amount: Little more than 1/4cup

Drying Time:(Edit) longer than 24 hours if humid (if dry less than 24 hours)

Texture: moderately rough

Overview: I liked this one best of all, it can work as a wash cloth and it just the right amount exfoliant. It also would work as a dish towel. It has no give, but at least a moderate amount of yardage. 


 Original

 

Cost: $3.50-$4

Yardage: 92yds

Availability: anywhere

Weight: 4 worsted

Material: polyester

Water Hold Amount: more than a 1/3 cup

Drying Time: 24 hours

Texture: rough

Overview: I think this one was my least favorite. It has no give so watch your tensioning. It is very rough and it is best for dishes and things you need to well scrub. I was very rough on my hands. I didn't think it came with enough yardage either. They at least come in vibrant colors. 


 



If you would like to get the patterns above check out this new mini book of gift patterns on Ravelry!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment